Sunday, November 22, 2009

Home in Germany

First of all, Kenya was awesome! Second, I am sorry I didn't write anyone while I was there. But its ok because now I am back in Germany, I got to sleep in a bed last night and I took a real shower for the first time in a week. Life is good.
I wish that I had been able to write each day and here and tell you about what we did because now its a big blob in my head and to write it all out would be difficult and long. So in the next few days I'll add the highlights and the amazing things God did in us and through us.
One of the things the speaker that was here the week before we left said was that God calls us places like Kenya or wherever for outreach and yes we do reach out and give of ourselves but the main reason he does it is to bring us closer to him. I think that always happens in mission trips. You go to help people and give of yourself, but really you leave having been blessed and changed yourself. God totally used this time to bring me closer to him, and it was incredible.

Another way he used me is an answer to an amazing woman's prayers. Christine, the school teacher, told me that she and her daughter had been praying for months because they wanted keep teaching more and for the children to be able to write and they had no pencils or school supplies. She told me that God used me to answer her prayers. When I showed her the box of school supplies I brought, she was so excited and said Bless you, God bless you over and over, but the coolest part was that she praised Jesus for it. It was him that put that desire to bring those things. And it wasn't only me. He used you who gave the money and helped me buy everything. She told me like 5 times to say thank you to you so much and prays that you will be blessed for giving to her and the children. So thank you :) God used you to answer a woman's prayers in Africa.

No comments: