Also there was a team there in the summer and they painted the whole outside and inside and put in a floor so it looks so much better and is a lot cleaner.
After school we would go home to Christine's house where we were staying and each lunch. They cooked traditional Kenyan food for us every meal. It was so good. Its unbelievable for how cheap too. For our whole team of nine for the whole week food cost less than $60!
After school the first day the team went and helped clean the yard up around the school by moving barbed wire and mowing the grass with old fashioned weed whacker things which took forever. I went into town with Christine to the market and bought food and she had a few other errands so I was with her. She told me all about the children and the school and her dreams for it.
Her wish is that one day it won't be just a school but also a children's home. She wants the street children to live there but for it also to be a really good quality school so that people who can afford it will pay for their children to go there because of the education. Then it would be a way to sustain it for the homeless ones. Most of the children at her school are orphans and stay with either friends or grandparents. I love this idea. I already can't wait to go back and I am so excited what God will do.
No comments:
Post a Comment