Monday, November 30, 2009

Home is good. It feels good.

I am extremely exhausted but glad to be here.

I jumped back into work right after thanksgiving and the coffee shop I work at had its grand opening! It was great, a lot of people came and they remodeled the whole place while I was gone and so it looks awesome in there.
I think my body is still trying to catch up because I get so tired I can even function at like 7:00 pm. But slowly its getting there.

I think this thanksgiving (well American thanksgiving) was an interesting one. I mean I was extremely thankful for so many things, but at the same time it was hard. Just coming from a place where the children don't have any food and the people are starving was challenging. Then Black Friday was the next day and I wondered how much money in the United States was spent that day on stuff. Probably enough to feed the entire continent of Africa for a year. I don't know that might be exaggerating. But that was how I was feeling.
I realize again that I have to find the balance between the life there and life here. It is so different. I struggled with this kind of thing when I came home in April so I already know, and its easier this time. Hopefully the more I go the more I will figure out where to place my thoughts when all this bombards me when I get home each time.

I am thankful to be home and that I have a job, and food and a bed and people that love me and tell me they love me and a Father who love me beyond belief and provides for me. Really, what more do I need?

No comments: